Joel B. Katz
- “2005 J.B. Sandlin Builder of the Year” presented by the Texas Association of Builders for his exemplary service and leadership contribution to the building industry at the local, state and national level.
- “2002 Turnquist – Tungedhat Award” presented by Austin Habitat for Humanity for Board commitment beyond the scope of responsibility.
- “1999 Distinguished Excellence Award” from the Texas Capitol Area Builders Association for his contribution to the building industry and the Texas Capitol Area Builders Association.
- Custom Builders Council – Greater Austin Home Builders Association: Joel has chaired this group on two separate occasions. The mission for this group is to provide continuing education and a support network for members. A buyer’s co-op was established allowing the group to make better purchases in an effort to contain construction costs. Lucy Katz is currently a Steering Committee member.
- Some Current Community and Previous Professional Activities
- National Association of Home Builders Committees:
- Life Director for National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- NAHB Audit Committee Chair 2004 to 2009
- NAHB Finance Committee Member 2010
- Texas Association of Builders (TAB):
- Treasurer – Texas Association of Builders 2002 – present
- Association Planning Committee Member 2001 – present
- Audit Committee Chair 2002 – present
- Finance Committee Chair 2002 – present
- Habitat for Humanities Board of Directors 1997 – present
- St. Gabriel’s Catholic Church School Board of Trustees 2004 – 2010
- National Association of Remodelers Institute NARI member
- Muscular Dystrophy Volunteer 1979 – present
- National Association of Home Builders – Builder 20, Pacesetter 1996-2007
- President of a National Chapter
- State and Local Chair of the Moisture and Air Quality Task Force for both:
- Texas Association of Builders
- Texas Capitol Area Builders Association 2001-2002
- Habitat for Hummanities Past President Austin 2001 and 2002
- Texas Association of Builders Finance Committee
- Texas Capitol Area Builders Association:
- President 1997
- Vice-President 1996
- Chair for Custom Builders Council 2001 and 2002
- Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce Board Director
- START Co-Founder – Social Transition and Rehabilitation Training 1971
- Business Accounting and Job Cost